C. Harb's Rugs - Rug Gallery Cleaning Services
oriental rug is more like a fine work of art than a floor covering. Never
the less, even the finest rug can be subjected to soiling and staining
beyond the experience of lesser textiles over the duration of its lifetime,
which is usually several generations.
Never approach cleaning an oriental rug as you would a
wall-to-wall carpet. Unlike carpeting, a rug should be treated as more than
a two dimensional surface, it is three dimensional. A professional oriental
rug cleaner would never attempt to clean your rug on your floor. Our modern
cleaning facility is located on premises, and we provide the most gentle,
thorough cleaning available. We detail rugs literally on our hands and knees, and
don't hesitate to redo any step in the cleaning process that fails to meet
our high standards.
After dusting, the wool rugs are washed with wool
shampoo and thoroughly rinsed. The cotton fringe is washed by hand
separately and rinsed, and the rug is thoroughly dried. After the rug passes the
wash inspection, any stains that didn't wash out are individually tackled
with specialty stain removers.
Routine rug care at home includes regular vacuuming,
which may remove 90-95% or more of particulate matter. The remaining 5%
or so sinks deeper and deeper into the pile, eventually accumulating in
the knots themselves. This loose sand, dust, and grit are our first
priority in cleaning. Dusting rugs can be the most labor-intensive part
of cleaning, especially among older rugs that have not been thoroughly
dusted in recent years.
We offer stainproofing and moth deterrent service options. Pickup and delivery available.